soooo I want a bike..

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by irr0001, Apr 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

LOL.

Look at my last post.;)

2. Click Here!

3. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I like the 48, but it is 10k. For 10k you can get any leftover last years literbike sportbike. It's not that an 883 or a 1200 sportster is a small motor, the problem is the output of that motor due to it's low tech motor. Remember 2 liter car motors a few years ago only had like 120 hp?, now a naturally aspirated 2.0 has around 200 hp. It's the same thing for HD's (except the V rod). Those old pushrod air oil cooled mills just can't make the kind of power that a modern liquid cooled OHC one can.

You sound like that does not bother you, and that's great. Most folks with HD's brag about how fast they are. I have to laugh when those folks say that.

5. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Yeah I've ignored quite a few posts on this thread. I really don't care about image or anything. I just want a bike that looks cool..runs good..fits me..and gets me there without having to take out a loan.

Yeah the new one's are 10k..but there's a 0% chance of me getting a new bike to begin with haha Just dreaming as of now. I've been hittin craigslist pretty heavy. I like the older ones too though.

6. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

One of the positives to any Hd is that the aftermarket is HUGE. If you want something for a Sportster, there are going to be at least 10 companies that make it. Have you actually ridden one yet?

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

No I haven't. I'm trying to find someone with a smaller bike that I can putt around on for a little while. I haven't ridden anything on 2 wheels for a few years.

8. Click Here!

9. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I actually like the looks of sportsters. Simply because I don't like the look of the big fat cruisers. So a sportster has a cruiser look, but is still sleek and sporty. If I were to get a cruiser, it'd be something like a sportster. Probably not a sportster, but something like it :)

10. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Exactly. I don't want some giant bike.

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Victory really does make a sweet bike. I am hoping they start making a DOHC LC vtwin sport bike, like where buell left off.