soooo I want a bike..

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by irr0001, Apr 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I never thought about he cable lock idea, but that is a good one for the helmet and jacket.

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Most bikes have helmet hooks that lock under the seat. I don't know about HD's, but I know most japanese and newer brit bikes do.

4. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

my gixxer does but harley does not.they sell bar end locks for helmets but i dont like the way it dangles there either

5. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

ohh man I have some thinking to do. Just went up to the harley dealer with a friend of mine who has dyna wide glide...I don't care what people say about sportsters..I think some of them are pretty bada$$..

It's definitely gonna be a fun next few months looking around

6. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

If you're looking at a Sportster, spring the extra cash and get a rocker.

7. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

I remember Harley doing a promotion where you could trade in your sportster for full value in the fist year. It was a way to get people into a bike with no risk about wanting to upgrade. Try to find out about that one if you want a Harley.

8. Click Here!

9. s10lowrider1994

If I'm not mistaken alot of dealerships still offer that promo. That's the reason alot of folks refer to Sportsters as "stepping stones". Dont get me wrong they have a ton of potential, but I've never known anyone to be content with one though. Most people find they want a much bigger bike shortly after buying one. Alot of it depends on the size of the rider though, the Sportsters are short narrow bikes so if you are over about 5'7" you just look goofy on one.

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Monkey humping a football ;)

I'm liking the sounds of that cable lock idea. Just string everything together and have it locked to your bike. I'd probably by a cheap bike cover as well just to keep curious eyes away from my gear. Because if they try to grab it and run, that bike is gonna fall over. Which would p*ss me off. :lol: Maybe I'll do both. A cable and cover, or a backpack :) It'll depend on what mood I'm in or where I'm going.

11. s10lowrider1994

Haha exactly. Nothing worse then watching a 6'3" 250lb man wearing an 883 like a thong just so he can say he has a Harley.

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

A reefer in my local club just bought a new sportster 883. The trade in deal is still going on, at least here in Milwaukee. Most people are not content with a sportster. I forget what hp ratings are on them, but IIRC low 40 hp is all the 883 made. They are not a bad bike at all, but just not my style. That and I am 6'4" and 240 lbs, so I look weird on one.
    if i had to buy a sporster based bike, it would be this one. XR1200 in orange. It has proper sized front and rear wheels that are alumininum, more sporty looking than most sportsters (LOL) and has dual front disc brakes.
    2010 New Bikes | Harley-Davidson USA

I had a buddy that bought a sportster low that was like 5'4". That was one of the few bikes he could ride, and even though he wasn't a big guy, he wanted more performance out of it than it could give, even if built up.