soooo I want a bike..

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by irr0001, Apr 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

I carry a backpack and just toss my jacket in there and lock my helmet on my bike. Saddlebags come in handy but they are ugly :)

2. Click Here!

3. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Well, I personally don't care what people think.... it's our own safety that's at stake. If it is a special event, i carry my clothes with me and just change....
    PLEASE don't just ride in jeans.... we all had our little accidents and if you wear jeans the fabric will go into your skin and will cause major problems. I can only re-emphasize... please wear your gear!

4. s10lowrider1994

Yep, I cant count how many funny looks I get going into certain places all geared up. Beats walking around covered in scars though.

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I wear what I am wearing, boots and all, although I will generally take my jacket off and hang it up if i can do that with no worry of it getting stolen.

If you get riding boots that are comfy enough, you can just leave them on.

For trips to the store and such, I wear jeans, but any longer trips and fun rides I put on the track leather pants with sliders, and zip that to my race jacket. I always wear full leather gloves, and a helmet. Saddle bags or tank bags hold my gear I don't want to carry at say Summerfest, since bike parking is free there, and going by car will cost at least 10 dollars for a parking spot that is pretty far away.

6. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Up to you buddy! I just never want to take a chance.... have seen too many friends who had serious accidents and either died or were left paralized...

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I think a backpack would be best for my life. I'd just wear clothes under my gear, and strip everything off and stuff it in the pack when I'm not riding. Then depending on where I'll be, I'd probably leave my helmet locked to the bike or take it in with me. It just depends. And then I'd have normal work/street clothes on underneath and be good to go for whatever occassion. I'll just be hauling around a backpack, but I'm a college kid so that's normal and I'm sure I'll be perfectly fine :lol: If I'm meeting with friends somewhere I'd probably just stuff it into one of their cars and be done with it.

8. Click Here!

9. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

there's a cable lock that you run thru the sleeves of the jacket then it secures to the bike. when i ride my harley ive got hard bags that dont look as goofy as the reg.ones

1 person likes this.
  10. s10lowrider1994

Good idea, I forgot all about those cable locks.

11. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

you can also run it thru your helmet,but i dont cuz it may fall,and dangle there and get scratched

so lets see some bike pics!!!!

12. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

If you buy an 883 and want to do a 1200 conversion on it later it doesn't cost that much. And then you're still only paying 883 insurance because its an 883 VIN. Don't let people tell you that you shouldn't buy anything bigger than a 750 or whatever because a Sportster 883 isn't crap compared to lets say a GSXR 750. Its not all about displacement. Safety class....eh whatever - they suck in PA and don't teach you much. As for saddlebags ..... a better solution for some people is to get a small sissy bar and get a bag that can strap fast to that. You can get various sizes and types and for the H-D the sissy bar can be made detachable so its easily removed in seconds so the bike looks better if you don need it or to wash behind it. I worked at a H-D dealership for a few years in parts/accessories. Recently changed jobs though.