soooo I want a bike..

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by irr0001, Apr 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

+1 on buying good gear. People think they look like a badass riding around in a wife beater and shorts with a half helmet on. It doesnt look so pretty when you hit the ground with no protective gear. A good jacket and helmet will set you back a grand or more but its well worth it.

2. Click Here!

3. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

I'm sure you are aware that full gear is a necessity and even though its been mentioned a few times already I'll say it again. ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time) no "quick runs to the store" in flip flops and tank tops :p
    And I'm not sure how hot it gets in Auburn Alabama but remember "its better to be sweaty than bloody"
    those two tips stick out in my mind when I think of gear and why people don't wear it.

4. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

OR DEAD my jacket was $600 helmet$600 not being a vegetable after a collision==PRICELESS

5. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

find a bmw you'll rarely need anything besides normal service

6. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I actually looked around at gear today while I was at the honda dealership. You could definitely rack up 1000 bucks or so quick! Had no idea jackets were so expensive, but I think skin grafts would be more!

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

And with the sweaty in gear thing...modern day gear can actually be pretty nice. As long as you're moving anyways. Mesh jackets with strategic air vents in them, helmets with vents, etc. Plus, you can close all of those vents for winter time or colder weather. Wearing gear is just an all around major plus to riding. Sure I respect people who choose not to wear it, but I'll make darn sure they're informed of what position they're putting themselves in before I leave them alone.

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

what kind and size?

10. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Well, then I really recommend the Honda Shadow... had it before myself and it's a great beginner bike. I would go with the 750cc. But take this hobby very seriously, as bikers we are very exposed and don't forget to wear your gear. I never ride without all leather.

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I hope irr0001 doesn't mind me hijacking, but this seems like an appropriate question.

Say you were riding to some event, such as school, a concert, dinner with somebody, whatever. And you didn't want to walk around with all of your gear on while you're there. My question is, what do you guys do with your gear in that situation? A backpack? Saddle bags? Leave it on/in the bike? Or just keep wearing it? Keep in mind, I'm talking mostly about jacket and pants. Maybe boots as well. Gloves and helmet are no-brainers.

12. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

No problem..I am wondering the same thing!