soooo I want a bike..

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by irr0001, Apr 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

ehhh..no lol I hate ninjas

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

But nobody makes a "pirate" bike... yet...;)

I wish Yamaha sold their 250 stateside. There a re a lot of good used bikes out there.

I would suggest a suzuki SV650, of any year. You can get them naked, or half faired, or buy a fairing to put on one to make it a full fairing bike.

Plus, it's a V twin, and it sounds nice with a pipe. That v twin will give you nice power and tq, while not eating tires up. I am still looking for a written off SV650 for a track bike. it's too much work to convert my daily rider TL1000S to track duty and back to street trim all the time.

1 person likes this.
  4. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

What Horkn said. Plus you'll get bored with a ninja 250, but when you do, all you gotta do is slap a muzzy exhaust on it and it becomes a whole new monster :) But since you have riding experience on dirt, and you're looking for a cruiser (it sounds like anyways), then just totally ignore the 250 comments :lol:

I wrote my research paper for my english class on motorcycle safety. My professor tried to convince me to change my topic because she didn't believe that I could get enough sources or meet the word count requirements. Boy was she wrong. I got an A- on that sucker.

And thankfully my girlfriend is awesome when it comes to vehicles. A major plus in my book :D Her uncle was involved with professional racing back in his day, and is quite the wealthy man. He bought her family their jet-skis as well as their cars (she drives a Mazda Speed3, very very very fun car. And it's a stick *brownie points for her*). He just recently bought her a dirtbike and is teaching her to ride it. She hasn't gotten out of first gear yet, but I'm so proud *teary eyed*

:lol:

For my first bike, I'm looking at either a Ninja 500 or 650. I've heard the 650's are great for people who have ridden something before so they aren't total 100% n00bs to riding (i've ridden a dirt bike...once :lol: But I plan on doing it more since my GF has one, and I'm taking an MSF course hopefully this summer). From what I've researched, the 650 has nice power so you won't get bored with it easily (or at all), but it is also gentle and smooth enough to teach proper riding skills. w00t. Plus I'll probably end up spending at least 2 weeks in my neighborhood like I did when I learned how do drive a 5 speed. Good times...good times...

I like this thread :D

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

A friend of mine's brother got the SV650 for his first bike. And yeah, it's naked. He loves that thing :)

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Nice bikes. I like all the stuff you can do to them to upgrade them from gsxr's and other sportbikes.

It's the little brother to my bike.

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

HA HA HA +K for both

8. Click Here!

9. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

If you are looking for a sports bike, I would recommend the 675, had it before myself and it's an awesome bike, very easy to handle and good power :)

10. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

That is the Triumph... but make sure you have the adequate service in your area. Great bike and voted bike of the year a couple of years in a row.
    Are looking for a cruiser or be more specific and I can give you some more advice. Like I said, I have been riding for 30 years and probably owned about 12 bikes, so I can only encourage you to take advantage of people with experience.

11. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Not looking for a sporty bike by any means lol

I went and looked at the 2010 Honda Shadows today. I drooled. The 750 phantom was preeetty sexy. I could DEFINITELY see myself on one of those. Brand new was 8k. I wouldn't get a new one..but that's cheaper than I was expecting. It fit me perfect too as I'm only 5'8".

12. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

i havent read the last two pages of this thread, but i will say from personal experience that the MSF class is helpful.

in the state of illinois, i dont know if its like this elsewhere, after passing the MSF class you basically get your license without having to take the driving test at the DMV. for me this was a no brainer. plus i learned some valuable information at it.

one thing i can say.... if you feel you're a defensive driver you're wrong. until you own a bike you'll never understand defensive driving :) seriously stay the hell away from other motorists because they dont see you, dont pay attention to you, and have no regard.

ive been almost killed many times on a motorcycle due to others doing stupid things. oh red lights... whew always watch for idiots that wanna run that red light. almost got t-boned on a bike a few years back for that.... had a soccer mom in a minivan almost put me into a wall because she decided to change lanes like a friggin race car driver not paying attention to what was next to her..... the list goes on, but then again i live in chicago :)