Sonic Scrubber Pro For Aquariums

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. divott

divott Giant Squid

thats too cool. think im gonna be gettin me one. now tryin to eother find it or get it delivered could be a problem .lol . thnx matt for making us aware of it.

i feel disadvantaged. lol. inquired if they ship here , yup they do. 60 to get it here on a 25 dollar order. dont think im getting one. c'est domage. :(

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

yup fully waterproof , I use mine under water in the tank all the time, on the rocks and glass.Haven't had a problem yet.

4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Yes I got it at Wal-mart 9.98 for the scrubber and 9.98 for the 4 brush kit-no shipping--same one in the picture. Used it for about an hour on my rocks--completely waterproof--a little noisy, the fish werent real fond of it at first, but then it did not seem to bother them. I was very impressed. I found it by the Armor All in the automotive section.

5. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Ordered mine a couple days ago, with the brush kit. Wish I knew they had it at wal-mart, I could have saved money because you know, since there was shipping and handling I had to buy something else to make it worth it!

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I'm not sure how this works better than a Mag Float? Does the "sonic action" make it easier to clean off coralline or something? And why are so many people scrubbing their rocks? :lol:

7. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

It breaks up the coralline.

I guess lots of rocks have that "not so fresh feeling"

and needs a bit of a sonic tingle.

Z

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: So, the coralline comes off easier than it would with a Mag Float or a razor blade? I wonder how much longer it would take to scrub it off with that little brush than it would with a good sized Mag Float. I hate getting my hands wet so I need to know these things :D

10. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I was scrubbing my rocks cause I am at the end of a hair algae battle--I was scrubbing all the dead stuff off--I guess I should have clarified that--worked great though--as far as the coraline spots on the glass--it did break them up, but did not completely remove it. works good in the corners

1 person likes this.
  11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Thanks for the info Robman!

12. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

When i had a bad turf algae on my rocks I was using this to scrub it off. I don't use it on my rocks now that it is gone, but It works great for cleaning PH and getting coralline of pumps and such.