Something's Gone Awry

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ReefSparky, Sep 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Man! I wish I could think of some thing to help, my tank has been the same way for the past 3 or 4 days 79º to 82º steady for no particular reason and can't figure it out, but everything seems to be doing ok, other than the cyano that's taking over.

2. Click Here!

3. ptgestimator

ptgestimator Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Reading retention, my stongest suit it isn't [/yoda]

:p

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

First off...What are your parameters? Instant ocean is crap IMO, it will consistantly give you wrong parameters, it was intended for Fish Only tanks, not reef tanks. I use Coralife Salt.

Reef Salt Analysis

A General Guide to Salt Mixes

Looking through your pics and reading everything, where is the coraline? Coraline receding is the first sign something is wrong.

One of my friends was keeping his tank at 1.026 or so he thought, bought a refractometer and it wound up being 1.032. Just another suggestion...

I sent you a PM bro.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I'll take one of those pizzas. Grilled onions and garlic;D. Hold the peppers please.:-X
    I have recently gone through a similar scenario sparky. Not as severe as yours. The only thing I can seriously target as my issue is "heat". The symptoms sound the same and the pics you showed are very familiar. Although mine wasn't as serious, it's almost confirming. I only lost my frogspawn "SOAB" but, was ready for loosing much more. Thankfully my tank snapped out. Any possibility of the A/C being turned off while you were away? How long have you been noticing symptoms?

6. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I am sorry to hear of your troubles and I am no where near experienced to suggest anything that hasn't already been suggested but I do love that you can still have a sence of humor through this whole thing!;D

7. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

i dont know if this has been suggested but try running some carbon, if you allready do change it out :)

8. Click Here!

9. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

Sparky, I wish I had more experience, but 6 months doesn't help. I hope that you are able to find out what is wrong quickly--Good Luck-Karma

1 person likes this.
  10. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I heard a rumor that there was pizza to be had here? :confused:

By the way, I didn't see if you had checked the seal on your r.o.?

12. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Thanks, Nano--I mentioned, I just purchased some brand new high quality carbon and put it into action not 5 days ago with new ROWAPhos.