something is wrong with my water params and i need help.

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Gexx, Dec 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i have that same test kit and frankly idont trust it .no lfs store here but my last test at one was great,i would get ur test done at a lfs .every test ido isbad with api most likely from mixing tops

2. Click Here!

3. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

i think the ammonia looks better. i hate how they did the nitrates because once it gets into the red it looks like all of them. here we go

Attached Files:

4. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

im gonna get new test kits and color code the tops and bottles.

5. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Sea Dragon

I would suggest a new test kit. I am not saying that there is nothing wrong with your water. But if it was my tank, I would do a 20% water change, run to the store and grab a second test kit, then re-test with both kits. Test kits may not be super cheap, but they are compared to starting a nuked tank over again. What sort of corals do you have? A few of mine tell me when something is wrong. For example, if I have die-off (ammonia) then my gsp won't come out, and when my PH drops my xenia stops pulsing.

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Not sure if this was asked already, so forgive me if you have to repeat yourself, but how old is your system?

Luna

7. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

its 7 months old. all my corals are open and happy. except my frogspawn but thats because he got all the new water dumped where he is.

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

You shouldnt have your No3 that high. Do you have a refug? What kind of filtration system do you have?

Luna

10. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

no fuge, i have a HOB filter with chaeto in it. my mangroves are just now sprouting. i think ammonia looks close ot zero in the last set of pics.

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

If you have a HOB with cheato and mangroves, then you have a refug. Theres something wrong, are you feeding too much? Do you have sand or crushed coral? Any bio balls? A pic of your set up would be great.

Luna

12. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

hope those help some.

Attached Files: