Some people make me mad/I got a koi

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Urban_s, Aug 27, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Inimicus

Inimicus Astrea Snail

The easiest thing for large fish that i've found are rubbermaid stock tanks. A 300 gallon one is sturdy as anything i've seen and for the volume reasonably priced. The other one i've seen but cant roll through the door is 600 gallons but its 8 feet around and i've yet to puzzle out how to shove that through a door.

the rubbermaids have drains that can be modified of over flows for filtration, self standing and i love them for indoor and out door ponds in a pinch.

Jason

2. Click Here!

3. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

I'm beginning to really like RM stock tanks. They are so versitile.

I'm planning on using a 100 g as a look down clam and zoa tank. I saw one rigged with a simple pvc shower drain that I can plumb into my sump.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  4. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

I agree. You will also find a few pet stores who use the rubbermaids for stock their coral or live rock

5. Pisces23

Pisces23 Sea Dragon

where do you folks get these fabled RM stock tanks? and how much do they cost?

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Our local Home Depot and Lowes stores carry them here in CT :)

7. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

They are currently in a 100 gal stock tank until spring. Then they go in my parents pond.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Not sure where you are located ? But most all farm supply place's like Southern States and Tractor supply have them in larger sizes then 100 gals..

10. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

jerome, how are the koi doing? have they been moved yet?

11. phal.repth

phal.repth Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

That's horrible! About the koi I mean. My fiance's uncle brought home an Oscar from someone's house that wasn't taking care of it...It was horrible. Disgusting he told us. He put it in the 50G FW tank at my fiance's mother's house. It had a a 15 inch pleco (handsome one...) a few tetras...and a wild caught rainbow trout. (This tank was horrid before they got it. We rescued all the fish in it. It took about 10 hours to clean completely. And we did it with OUT a gravel vac!!) Anyways...Because it came from such a dirty tank, it killed everyone...except the rainbow trout. (don't worry, we NEVER released the trout.) I cried for quite a while for the pleco. I was attached to him. Anyways...I was really angry at his uncle, but he didn't know any better..he just wanted to save the oscar. So...that's my story!

12. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i hope you took the gravel during the move if not those fish are gonna crash that tank in a matter of days. watch your ammonia.