Some more Coral Penny Auction wins

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by 2in10, Dec 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

Honestly it doesn't really matter because I can see who puts the bids in and when they do it. It's not like someone can say they are going after the green palys and then throw a curveball and bid on something else. I'm going to see what they bid on and when they do it.

Whether they tell me they like something or not it won't effect how I bid on an item. Im going to bid if I like something and pass if I don't. I expect everyone to do that. To bid on something just because someone else wants it is fairly malicious and spiteful.

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Ganging up on another bidder is just as malicious and spiteful.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

I agree this is just forums talk, if two people want the same coral they end up going for it anyway. It doesn't stop us from competing really.

I agree for someone to bid on something they don't want to just win it from another person, is mean and a waste of money. The fact is bids are finite you want to keep them for corals or dry goods you want.

I agree with the ganging up sentiment too. Although I thought clarky meant that in jest.

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Unfortunately, I don't believe that it will keep the bidding sporting. When you see a friend is or will be bidding on something that you want, but not completely, odds are you won't bid instead of throwing a a few bids in to see if you can snag it. Lets say you want the coral badly and also want a dry good and your friend on here wants the dry good badly and the coral. You two decide that the person who wants the coral most will bid on the coral and the other on the dry good.

I don't care if he said it as a joke or not. It can still cause chalicekeeper to bid just to piss clarky and other 3reef members off.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I agree on your last point completely.

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

It's possible, I just don't think we are coordinated enough to game the system like that, unless more has been said in PM's I don't know about. But I agree that would be a bad turn of events.

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I know that is what I do when I bid on stuff with friends on ebay. We make a list of what we want most. Compare the lists. Then, if there are corals that two or more parties want, we make compromises.

You don't need to talk through PM on here either. I have a few friends who I know on here that I also know personally. Not hard to call or txt someone.

10. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

That is a major difference, the trust and coordination between people you know or knew personally is different then people you know on forums.

11. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

Of course expression and intonations are hard to pass from one computer to the next. Thats why we have emoticons. You'll have to go back to my original post and look at the emoticons and hopefully you will see it was one big joke.

12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Like someone mentioned earlier, the bidders names are listed on the bid page. If you see your friend bidding on what you are supposed to bid on, you know whats going on.

It really isn't as hard as you may think it is.