some kind of cichlid??

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by F-edPH, Jul 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

no prob dude. Good luck and drop in from time to time to keep us updated on your tank.:)

2. Click Here!

3. F-edPH

F-edPH Plankton

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

take some of the tank water and salt and mix it in a separate container as per directions for what size your tank is, total tank gallons is what it should ask........then mix it in to the tank, slowly. They aren't as sensitive with sudden spikes as saltwater fish are.

5. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

Live bearers are the same in the sence that their first litter is very small. Maybe 10-30 fry depending on the size of the fish. I have a 150 gal breeding tank that has guppies, mollies and platties in it. Oh and a frog that is about to lay eggs. I no longer have to worry about the breeding nets because there are so many babies they just don't get eaten very often and if they are I wouldn't know it because of how many I have! They can give birth up to every 2 weeks. Also live bearer moms can decide if she wants to be pregnanat or not. A male may breed her but she can hold on to his "deposit" for up to a month until everything is ideal for her to be pregnant. Have fun and I hope you wanted babies!:thumb_up::goldfish: