some kind of cichlid??

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by F-edPH, Jul 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

I wouldn't doubt that the guppy is pregnant. How are the males? Any chasing, nipped fins, etc? Typically guppies should be kept with 3-4 females to 1 male.

And freeze dried is fine. Is the brine shrimp enriched with anything? It should say so on the packaging.

2. Click Here!

3. IndianOutlaw

IndianOutlaw Bristle Worm

The guppy is most likely preggerz most live bearers like the mollies and guppies have high chance of being pregnant if they have been with a male for just a couple of days. I used to have a guppy that would try getting my female swordtail pregnant.... that would have been cool

4. gythwulf

gythwulf Feather Duster

Rabbits I tell you!

5. F-edPH

F-edPH Plankton

Multi Vitamin!! lol
    ingredients: Brine Shrimp , water, vitamin B12, pyridoxine L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate(stabilized vitamin C), beta carotene, riboflavin, thiamine monoitrate, biotin, choline chloride, folic acide, pantothenic acid, inositol, niacin

The guppies seem to be cool- the pregerrz one has started eating allot today. the males seam cool with each outher chasing a female once and a while...

6. F-edPH

F-edPH Plankton

I know one of the females was because i came home the outher day and found a fry~ but just one >??? he is still around just chillin-- but im sure the other guppy is bout to drop soon. Should i cover my filter inlet with something?

7. IndianOutlaw

IndianOutlaw Bristle Worm

They will hide in the gravel if not eaten already and eat the left over food. Do u think she might have dropped her babies ready or not possibly to stress or she just had one. It usually takes them about an hour or two to birth them all.. I always seperate mine into like a 1 gallon tank so the fry have somewhere to live without any predators.. if you can get a livebearer fry trap to put the fish in and so the mother cannot eat the fry.. I had a very very young guppy have babies once too. they were tinyyy. you should read up on how to take care of fry.

you will have to smush their food up real fine and they need food very soon after out of the mother because they do not have an egg sac to feed on.. that you u can go to your LFS and purchase some fry food. good luck

8. Click Here!

9. mandarin11

I second the fry net. If you can get one of those little cheap one or two gallons so you can separate the fry in a completely different tank. The mother and other fish will eat them, which is probably why you only saw one.

10. F-edPH

F-edPH Plankton

Thats what i figured i had just bought the guppies like 2 weeks ago and dint know they breed so much since i found the fry i have done allot of reading and seen what ur talking about with the separators. What about with the Mollie~ do they eat their yung when born?

11. mandarin11

All livebearers eat their young.

12. F-edPH

F-edPH Plankton

i appreciate everyone help and wisdom. ill prob be around the fresh water forums from here on out THANK YOU...