solar xtreme t5 lighting system (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by shecter, Oct 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alonewolf85

alonewolf85 Plankton

well i just set it up and the atinics are flickering -- uuhggg

2. Click Here!

3. langfordjrjk

langfordjrjk Plankton

just bought this unit myself. already on my second unit. first had a plug problem. the second on works flawlessly... if you don't count that the timer runs 2 hours ahead every 24 hours. gotta reset the time every day.. but the fixture is heavy duty, the bulbs are bright and the moon light leds give a great look at night. the company is impossible to get ahold of though. no web site or contact info anywhere... makes you a bit nervous after paying $200.. i have read that most change out the blue lights for something different. but over all, happy with the performace to cost ratio

4. langfordjrjk

langfordjrjk Plankton

mine did that too. not doing it anymore though. like they had a break-in period??

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Those fixtures had issues with the impropper gfci plug on the end of them. They spent about 3 months "fixing" the issue. As in, sending out fixed, but yet still screwed plugs.

The bulbs last no more than 6 months. I would just buy new bulbs right off the bat.

The moonlights have been going out reasonably often as well. Normally right after the 90 day warranty is up.

Speaking of the warranty. Goodluck getting a claim to go well. They do their best to not honor the warranty.

For the price, I always recommend going to reefgeek.com and buying a teklight with your choice of quality bulbs.

Just my $0.02.