Solar Tubes in Action

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by amcarrig, Jan 30, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Have faith in your work! ;D

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Trust me...if he installed them, they wouldn't leak. :lol: I had to remove almost all of the skylights in my house about 4 years ago because they all freakin leaked. I can't blame Roger though....I bought the house before I knew him and the skylights were already there :)

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

ahhh. So are these real Solar Tubes?

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

They're real but he didn't install them. They were there when he got there :)

6. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Nice thought about the Solar Tubes. I actually considered them for this remodel but the room above the garage is already finished and my wife doesn't want to see tubes running through her craft room / office even if it is to help keep the clams happy.

The tank will probably sit at a right angle to the window. As long as heat gain is the only real concern, I'll try to make sure that the chiller is adequately sized and use shades on the windows in the afternoons.

Tangster, what part of Virginia do you plan on returning to?

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Where do you want it shipped to :)

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

He owns a house near Woodlake at the moment but if/when we move, we'll be building near the Cumberland county/Powhatan line (near Rte. 522). :)

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

LOL I guess I missed that one P/Ms and stuff going on my brain was on turn and burn. yes I have a little of over 50 aces about 10 miles down Rt 60 Past the county line and Rt 522 I miss the hell out of Gods country :) I was a Full Class A Mechanicals contractor in Va until I had to retire from it My son now is in my home there in Chesterfield Co. He'll wind up buying it he took over my old business in 2002 .

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry to dig up an old post - are you still using Sola Tubes? How are they working?

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

You know, I have no idea and Roger probably doesn't either seeing as he hasn't been able to step foot in the shop since he broke his leg in 2007. I'll ask him to ask his boss next time he's on the phone with him.