SOFT tube feather duster

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Peredhil, Apr 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. l400ex

l400ex Fire Worm

2. Click Here!

3. l400ex

l400ex Fire Worm

o specific gravity duh. i top her off evrey day a 5 so i hope this will work for now

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

how much do you top off once a day and how big is the tank?

You may want to see about doing it before work, after work, before bed or something similar to reduce fluctuations.

5. l400ex

l400ex Fire Worm

its only a cup a day 12g tank

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

In a 12 gallon that might be enough to cause a readable swing with a refractometer. Have you tested right before a top off and maybe a couple hours after a top off to see? I would do that and let that be my guide.

P

7. l400ex

l400ex Fire Worm

will do just added ato to long list of stuff for next tank. the hole in my back pocket just gets bigger and bigger

8. Click Here!

9. dahos

dahos Feather Duster

To those of you that have one, do the CoCo worms prefer the substrate or to be in the rockwork? I think one of them may be my next purchase?

10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

CoCo worms are not the same as soft tubed feather dusters.

CoCo worms have calcified tubes. Because of that, you can basically put it anywhere so long as the head of the worm gets proper flow.

11. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Plankton

I just bought a hawaiian feather duster it seems like everyone is split on where to put it, either buried in the sand or in a hole in the rock. Right now mine is in a rock, some of the tube is sticking out, this is where im confused, is that bad?. also,. If I put it in the sand can it get back up on a rock if thats where it wants to be? or can it get out of the rock if it wants in the sand? I dont know what to do with it. Someone tell me, this is the cheapest coral i've bought and for sone reason, Im freaking out about the placement with this one when I know it probably doesnt matter.

12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

So it's the hard tube right? Calciferous. Doesn't matter where you put it (sand/rock). Just don't blast it with flow - they prefer delicate to light/medium flow IME.

Soft tubed worms: sand.
    Hard tubed worms: wherever. But if on or in sand, have it in such a way the sand won't pour down the tube.

Good luck.
    P