SOFT tube feather duster

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Peredhil, Apr 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

If ya can man, leave most of him exposed so he can make a full tube. Just make sure he is safe from nipping fish. I have no fish so it is okay here for him to run around naked. Just hide him and keep him out of the substrate if it is possible. The crab's will get him if he is out naked though. The will more than likely get him any way's. I have never been a big fan of crab's. No matter how cool they are when they get big they get rude,,,,
    Danny

2. Click Here!

3. coldshot

Or maybe they just secrete a substance out of their body and it harden's to make the tube?
    hmmm
    Danny

4. coldshot

Okay we are still stumped as to how they make their tubes. I was way wrong in both thought's....
    Danny

5. dahos

dahos Feather Duster

i dont remember where i heard it but somewhere i read or was told that they build it from their feces.

6. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

My algae blenny got a little over zealous with is rock scraping and popped the tip of the tubeworm in his mouth, LMAO.... He ran away quickly and the worm is fine. Just thought it was funny.

On the tube building: I've noticed that my tubeworm pops out a little farther and spins in his tube when he's building. He's added 1/4in since he's been in the tank!!

7. coldshot

Home Sweet Home

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

picked up a coco today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The soft tubed feather has moved about a half inch over, but is still only in the substrate. Not on the rock (above the substrate anyway) at all.

Both looking real nice.

10. coldshot

Glad to see this thread still lives, The Coco Worm is looking good. They are amazingly beautiful!! I took my worm from laying on the substrate becaue the snail's were getting on him to much and bothering him. I put him in a hole in a rock and woke up the next day and he had left his tube and it was lying on the substrate and he was in the next hole over. I do not know what went on in the hole maybe something else living there I've yet to see. But he is out all the time and spinning himself another tube. It is best to not move them around much. If they seem happy let em be. Good luck with your new friend Peredhil That is a very pretty worm, all standin up so proud and tall, just like a Marine....
    Danny

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Both worms are pretty much always out now. Doing very well.

12. dahos

dahos Feather Duster

Good to hear. I want a coco worm also, just have to figure where i would put it.