SOFT tube feather duster

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Peredhil, Apr 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

It looks like a Coco worm in the color I would lean it up against something. It is a filter feeder and does not eat detritus. It is a pretty worm. It will raise itself up from there without you doing anything if its a good place and not in the way of anything else leave it. Now is the time to set it where you want though..It is all up to you..good luck
    Danny

2. Click Here!

3. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

i dont think its a coco worm. it doesnt have the spiral shape, or two heads. I would put in in the sand where you want it and put the tube, and whatever is that back part, about 1/2 in under the sand for some protection. Look at my avator, thats a coco worm. coco worms have very hard tubes.

1 person likes this.
  4. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

Probably not needed but you could nudge it to about where you would like it and then hope it winds up somewhere close.Mine didnt like the rock where I placed it,next day was in a cave buried in substrate,been there ever since,hard to see but seems happy.

5. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I have a purple and grey soft tube worm. I have the tube going into my rock work and he is loving life...

Can someone tell me why they first thing he did when I put him in the tank was take a nice poo???? LOL.

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

That's a feather duster. It's just not a large Hawaiian feather duster worm.

The don't live in the LR, They prefer that their body is covered with a small amount of substrate. Don't shove it into the substrate....dig a trench with your finger, put it in there, then gently cover the tube.

You need it to be somewhere where it gets flow as it is a filter feeder.

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

+1, and I would supplement it with phyto. Filter feeder, will not eat detritus.

8. Click Here!

9. coldshot

Good info Annie thnx, I was not aware the Coco Worm had miltiple head's. I only was sure they had a hard tube.
    Danny

10. coldshot

I also did'nt realize there were so many different types of worm's. There all very pretty though! How do they miltiply?
    Danny

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Thought I'd share a pic after burying

[​IMG]

12. coldshot

Get a pic with his crown extended. Thats when he is at his finest.......