So Much to Dig about Montipora digitata!

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by zesty, Mar 11, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

A local reefer buddy of mine wrote this article. I have seen this tank in person a few times and it's always as amazing as the pictures make it out to be. This is in his reef savvy 120 SPS dominated tank, and I mean dominated! haha

I love that he wrote this article on the m. digitata coral, as when I was there last, I picked up a frag of his pink digi and a german blue digi. Both have been growing, I am just waiting for the blue to color up like his is...

http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/so-much-to-dig-about-montipora-digitata-4974/

Corailline likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Eddie

Eddie Flamingo Tongue

Thanks Zesty. Just went and read it (left a comment too). Great article. Gonna get some more Digi's!

zesty and Corailline like this.
  4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

nice article and pics zesty! I do take notice when I see the words "easy" and sps :) love the colors of the ones in the pictures.

zesty and Corailline like this.
  5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Love the article! Beautiful images. Really under appreciated coral for an sps.

mdbostwick and zesty like this.
  6. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I told Joe to come over here and sign up. Then he could maybe add some extra pictures of his digi collection. His FF digi colony is so awesome! And you don't get to see the whole thing, but I agree, a very underrated coral. The ones I've seen always have a strong color but erratic growth and I love it! I'm so happy to know there are more colors! My LFS just got some green digi in, I think, I may have to..... no, I can't, I must stay away. I'm getting sidetracked, thanks!

Corailline likes this.
  7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I feel like a nerd showing off joe's tank so much... But it's such an amazing tank and Joe is a great guy!! He also sold me my dslr, so he has been part of my continuing inspiration for photography, as well!

So, with all that, here is the rest of his tank. http://reefsavvy.com/ghost-overflow/

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yup I would love to see more.

10. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Yes indeed I'm diggin it. Sounds right up my alley in a few months! How bout a OFKDigi for my coral?!

11. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

That FF digi is pretty awesome. I really like Monti and this article has just added one more to my evergrowing wishlist of montipora.

12. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Nice article. Thanks. I just picked up two frags of the FF. Hopefully it will start growing soon.