So brand new to this" 30G.. update New pics and corals

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dskyers, May 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Marine itch huh. Going to Google it. But are the others okay? U think.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. dskyers

Kill the goby huh lol. So many choices to make. The thing is tiny is to small for the 125 ill lose him. So I want the two together. I guess I could move the shirmp if he gets violent. And big

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

They are all ok, and popular. If your new to marine fish though, it's nice to get a heads up some of the common problems with those fish. A lot of people keep them with no issue, a lot of people also have more issues with ich when they have tangs. The key is reduction and prevention of stress and good nutrition.

5. dskyers

Is the stress and lack of proper diet what cause the itch or bad water conditions? And would it infect all of my animals?

Just read about it. Not sure if I want to take the chance but it is a juvenile. Ill post some pics I was sent. Of the four.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  6. Corailline

You will come across ich eventually, unless you are relentless in quarantine practices and pre-screening of all fish. It's very common for tangs to be the ones that become symptomatic, visual white spots.

The parasite resides in most tanks IMO. It is an opportunistic parasite, when any stress like declining water quality, poor nutrition, acclimation stress, bullying and over crowding the parasite rears it's ugly head.

This is the reason good research prior to purchase of the general husbandry for all fish and inverts is essential. It will save you a lot of money and lead to greater success in the long run.

7. dskyers

So went to pick up my hi hat, baby tang, gold shrimp. And got some freebies two zebra fish is what he called them and the red cardinal and a goby and a pack of krill for there dinner hopefully. Now my 30 is going to fully stocked with small fish in preparation for my 125 but I do feel like I have to many now but w.e I only paid 35 for all of this. So will do best I can. Good thing us there all small so I have time to get my 125 up and running. Will post picks when I get home. Any advice would be great. As I could not say no agin lol what a hobby

8. Click Here!

9. dskyers

All fish are less than an inch than a half. Some small so should be good here they are in tank in bag acclimation process lol sorry for bad pick will do better when there out and about. All my new babies.

Attached Files:

10. dskyers

Every one is in and swimming together happy and eating all them I just been starring at it I love it. All the life every body is active. I hope all is well this is great. Best hobby ever ... its just awesome all fish are small. The tang is very active in and out of rocks. Flame cardinal is hiding behind a rock .. but it says is a night time fish. Here's a shot.

Attached Files:

11. dskyers

So its been about two months now.
    Stocked up
    I have two clowns one red cardinal and one zebra fish that I can't catch.
    I have a lta
    And I also have a green flower pot that I just moved so is all closed up.

My water is good.
    My salt is good.
    I have two filters

What is think pink slash purple stuff growing on rock and patch of sand?

Attached Files:

12. Corailline

Looking pretty good dskyers, congrats!

If is on the sand and rock work most likely cyanobacteria, but need a closer image.