So brand new to this" 30G.. update New pics and corals

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dskyers, May 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

should i get this dry rock i am assuming un-cured rock and just put in tank?

or should i buy more live rock put in a bucket with air running through it for a week or two until ammonia goes away then add it?

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You can do it either way. You can get the dry rock, put it in a container to cycle it with some a small amount of sand from your tank and that will assist in seeding it.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

You can buy the dry base rock and wash it off real well and then add to your tank.

5. dskyers

really sounds good to me.. now where to find dry base rock in store in miami is the question... i guess ill call around is this something they sell in lfs. i guess i can google it while at bmw service after work since they take sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long lol

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Marco Rocks and Reef Cleaners would be good places. They are located in state also so it shouldn't take long to get the rock.

7. Corailline

Excellent idea and John can set you up with the perfect CUC as well. Nice quality rock, you will not be disappointed.

8. Click Here!

9. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

+1 on reefcleaners. They have all the rock you need, and they'll hook u up on a CUC right. Lots of extras. Then you should be set for awhile, until like corailline said, you get the reef itch. Haha. Good luck with everything ! Looks like it's going great.

10. dskyers

Thanks everyone. But let me just make sure before I order. Dry base rock from reef cleaner. Get it wash it off. Scape put in tank with fish and other rock. Wait for the purple magic to begin ... that sound about right?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

11. Corailline

Yup. :)

12. dskyers

Thanks everyone. So some good news my uncle who lives about an hour called me this morning and asked me if I wanted his fish tank! Its an empty tank does have a stand under it.. for it.. with cabinets don't know what's behind there'll doors so ill need stuff I'm sure. Its pretty big he says he does not remember how big it is but I would be shocked if its less than 100 gallons. Its not tall but very long. I'm not a rich kid so it will take me time to get it going. But I can't wait in the mean time ill continue with my 30 in bedroom and make it as beautiful as possible and use it to acclimate new fish I suppose. So question well two questions do u think it would fit in a BMW x5 I doubt it my car is big but its really not that big for carrying stuff at all. Or should I get a uhual van? And do that. ?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk