SnooknRedz's 75 Gallon(SHUT DOWN)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by SnooknRedz, Mar 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What skimmer?

1. SWC Xtreme 160

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Reef Octopus Extreme 160

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  1. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I really need a quality photo(s) which shows the dorsal and anal fins to make an ID. Neither the photo or video you posted clearly depict either I'm afraid. The limited amount I can see makes me lean towards Carpenters, but that's very uncertain at this point.

As for the top, those gaps along the edges concern me. If the head fits, the fish fits and will eventually find its way. 1/4" clear mesh makes a great tank cover.

2. Click Here!

3. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Okay ill try and snap a picture, gonna put my iphone to the test. lol

Im thinking its one of those two myself. Ill try and see what I can do.

As far as that gap. Im not worried. The lip for the trip extends out to meed the acrlic, so that the actual gap is at least 1/4".

Thanks.

4. SnooknRedz

heres 'nother video of das tank. if my tank was a baby, it would be popping out next month ;D. Im at 8 months. For Christmas im going to be getting some dimmable LED's from eBay. Very similar to the Tao Tronics fixture, idk who makes it, but its like the same thing. That means corals will be added very soon. and another canopy will be made with rails for the fixture to sit on; roughly 8" above the water. Ill see what looks good first. I cant wait. Im gonna get my levels checked at the fish store. I trust em, theyre more like buddies than anything now. Other than that. Enjoy the video.

Oh & my fuge will go online shortly after xmas for good. Ill use 2 t5's for the lighting. I still dont have any media (carbon or gfo or anything) in my reactors. This systems been very natural for its life. lol Been thinking of putting carbon and bio pellets in them. I think. I also noticed my pod population remains pretty high. I see lots and lots on the glass of the main tank. Always good signs!

5. SnooknRedz

[​IMG]
    Picked up 3 species of Zoas today. First coral in the tank. Looking forward to seeing them grow. If i have similar results as I had in my 20. I should have great growth. I had a polyp detach during shipping. I plopped em on a low flow area of the rock behind the rock in the picture. Hopefully it will go undisturbed, and attach and grow! these creatures are very resilient, i wouldn't be surprised if by next week it was attached and matted already. lol

6. SnooknRedz

The one lone polyp has disappeared. lol oh well, ill live. All the zoas opened up today, and are looking very nice. Im going to pick up a red monti cap and a green birdsnest on saturday from a guy. I will post pictures! Heres the zoas all opened up.
    [​IMG]

7. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. SnooknRedz

Thank you my friend! Its starting to get good ;)

10. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Fire Worm

11. SnooknRedz

Thanks for lookin.

12. SnooknRedz

Well my bad luck continues in the fish department. My wrasse died last night. Idk whats going on. i may start going to a different store for fish. Its a shame cuz the owners are good folks. It may just be random, but who knows.