SnooknRedz's 75 Gallon(SHUT DOWN)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by SnooknRedz, Mar 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What skimmer?

1. SWC Xtreme 160

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Reef Octopus Extreme 160

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  1. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Thank you sir. I may add a few more lbs to it next week. Just so to have more places for beneficial bacteria. Id also like to get the sump officially started. I know i keep saying that but the LFS i go to for the rock all the time, runs out quick. theres a nice place on the way to and from school im going to grab a chunk of algae from.

2. Click Here!

3. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

Those Rapids would look some sexy over this system!

4. SnooknRedz

Your tellin me man, i wish i could get those off your hands.. i really do. lol

5. SnooknRedz

Found my tang getting washed about in my skimmer today :(. Feel awful because he was so tiny to where he could easily slip thru the teeth of the over flow and well. get caught in the pump for the skimmer. Shoulda thought this one thru more. I take full blame for the loss, and wont make a mistake of buying such a small fish where this could happen again. damn this really sucks.

6. Ryan_310

Ryan_310 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Sorry to hear about your tang man. I had a tank crash last week and lost my Kole Tang one of my favorite fish by far that I had plus my wrasse and rabbitfish. You def. take some losses in this game but its how you come back. Good luck man. You do an amazing job with your rock work by the way. Im trying to perfect the 2 island look as well but need a lot more rock. Heres what my tank looks like today. Its a 90 pretty much the same as yours just a couple of extra inches of height.

[​IMG]

Dont mind the air stone in there that was from the bacteria bloom needed some O2 in the system.

7. SnooknRedz

Thanks Ryan. You're right, this hobby comes with some unexpected losses. but im making note of that, so i wont happen again. Thanks on the compliment. I dig it too. Lucky enough for me one of the 7 lfs around me usually get nice looking rock. Perks of living in Florida i guess. I would definately add more rock in your tank man, a good 50 - 60 lbs more imo. The more the better! a. place for denitrifing bacteria b. Places for fish to scavenge/hide, and c. Places for coral to be placed. Looks like your off to a nice start.

Good luck with your tank man.

8. Click Here!

9. fetta

fetta Astrea Snail

great looking scape, and sorry about the loss of the tang. i have a big one i but when i got it, it was about the size of yours and it was great watching it grow and get fat.

10. SnooknRedz

Thanks fetta, im really pleased with how its turned out. ill probably end up adding some tennis ball sized to softball sized ones from now on if i come across some. Just to fill some space up between rocks and in the back corners. Im also going to keep my eye out for another tang. slightly larger perhaps this time.

11. SnooknRedz

I was browsing through my old 20 gallon thread on here, and in doing so i came to the conclusion i miss the 2 island look i had. So as a tribute, i re scaped the tank with 2 islands. Lots of over hangs, ledges, caves, and most important still plenty of swim room.
    [​IMG]

12. sbv

sbv Plankton