Snails, Snails Everywhere!

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by Steve34, Oct 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

John,
    Package arrived today. Acclimated them and they are like a tidal wave across my tank now.

Great value so many extra snails in the order.... after lights out I'll bet there are 40 snails just on my glass.

I did get a small clam (1/4 inch) in my bag with my snails, which I thought was pretty cool...that is until I accidentally shot it out of my hand off onto my floor somewhere which I never found. So good, bad or ugly it seemed to survive the trip only to perish at my hand.

My brown bar goby did try to eat a few of the smaller snails but spit them back out pretty promptly.

Thanks again!

2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

me too.. it was a great surprise to see how many snails came in the package..

4. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

My goby, sixline and coral banded all thought that John had send them something to eat so I spent the first half hour just keeping everything away from them until they could all get righted and moving.

do you have any idea how much a massive influx of snails will affect the bio-load of a tank?

5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

They really dont bring too much in terms of bioload. To be safe I would treat them as adding one 2"-3" fish to account for the dead ones and not add anything for the next week so the system can catch up.

1 person likes this.
  6. rogersjw

rogersjw Skunk Shrimp

I can't wait to get my order next week! My tank needs it, algae is creeping up on me!

Good to hear you got so many goodies!

7. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

+1 to bama, 1 week minimum - thanks for covering for me by the way, I was stuck near the Fl Keys... ;) :) ...good times.

8. Click Here!

9. Indiana Boy

Indiana Boy Coral Banded Shrimp

My cuc is on it's way! I ordered 100+ snails. I am excited to have a strong clean up crew. Thanks John