Smitty's 40 Gallon Breeder - I miss this tank :(

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by sticksmith23, Aug 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

You have zoas,Xenia, palys and one of the mushroom rocks are rhodactis mushrooms.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Thanks, I thought it was Xenia but never really checked into it. Is it common for it to just kind of pop up all of a sudden. I'm sure it was already established on the live rock when I got it, but I never noticed it. Is it an easy coral to care for? If I remember right, it needs a high flow to be "happy".

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I found this on http://www.vividaquariums.com/

"Colonies of Xenia reproduce by fission (splitting) and new stalks usually grow just above the older Xenia. Place Xenia towards the bottom of a slanted rock in the bottom half of the aquarium where they can reproduce and grow new colonies that stretch up the rock. When provided with proper water conditions and iodine colonies of Xenia can grow quite rapidly. Make sure that moderate currents will be able to supply them with necessary nutrients and trace elements. Leave several inches around the Xenia colony, they will need room as they expand their colony."

I will make sure it is placed accordingly tomorrow sometime unless somebody else has a better suggestion.

5. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Everything seems to be opening up alright. I will try to get some more/better pics later. My water was still a little cloudy last night.

6. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Here are some new pics since my water is clearer now. My cyano problem is already showing back up as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like cyano is growing on my macro algae.

7. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

I love those green mushrooms! they look so good congrats !

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Ty, I only had one when I got it. It split for me all by itself lol.

10. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

IF you had a little piece it is possible, it grows pretty fast. As long as you give it nice flow it will do well :)

11. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I was looking at my tank before going to bed and noticed I had 4 - 5 snails on top of each other, lol. I guess they were having a meeting!

[​IMG]

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

There won't be any updates for about 10 to 12 days. I have to go out to the Field and train for a little while. My wonderful wife will taking care of my aquarium for me.