Smitty's 40 Gallon Breeder - I miss this tank :(

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by sticksmith23, Aug 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Um, wow those are a little pricey lol.

2. Click Here!

3. Caspian

Caspian Coral Banded Shrimp

The smartwave isn't out YET it was suppose to be late August and now their talking September or October so it's hard to say. I bought my power heads from petsolutions, they have a great deal going right now for them. BUT make sure you know what size you want as their return policy kind of sucks if you make the mistake. (basically you have to pay to send it back to exchange it) lol i made that mistake =P ALSO if your going to buy them via petsolutions do a quick Google search for coupons and you'll find one for like 5 bucks off your order, and if you buy more then like $50 worth of stuff it's free shipping (which shouldn't be too hard)

EDIT: I run two of the 750 models in my 46gal bow front. I have basically three zones a high flow, mid flow, and a low flow. Took to some work to get this kind of set up but i really like it and my Frogspawn loves the low flow and it looks really nice watching it sway back and forth.

1 person likes this.
  4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I appreciate all the great advice. Thank you for the heads up also.

5. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I'm still trying to figure out the aquascaping so that everything is under the light. I will get some pics up once the water clears up a bit.

6. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

Nice tank and stand! What kind of reef is this going to be? I would guess an SPS.. from your name ;) Best of luck on your new tank!

Heidi

7. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

He\She (StickSmith23) loves mushrooms ... a lot

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Lol, I do love mushrooms alot. My name is Brandon, and sticksmith is a nickname my high school Track coach gave me. It has stuck with me for over 13 years now along with smitty of course.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  10. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I haven't really decided what kind of reef I'm going to do. Right now I just have mushrooms, GSP and zoas.

11. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

How do you find the PAR rating for the different brands of lighting and where I can find a good site to research the different effects of color combinations that affect coral growth/coloring up?

I know 2in10 has a lot of good knowledge on this issue, and I will more then likely PM him if I need to when it comes time to buy my next light fixture which will house 4 bulbs and be 36" long for my 40 breeder that is I believe 18" tall.

12. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Here are some pics. I don't think I have a happy spot for all of the corals yet, but that will come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, so I don't know the actual name of anything I have except for the yellow tail damsel and the two mushrooms. If anybody could help me out with the common names I would greatly appreciate it. ;D