Small white spots

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by sckeLL, Dec 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

2. Click Here!

3. sckeLL

sckeLL Astrea Snail

The male clown is about to die :( it can't swim any more. Both clowns fins are damaged since last night.

I still haven't seen the tuskfish come out.

4. sckeLL

sckeLL Astrea Snail

Both clowns are dead now and the tusk fish isn't looking good :(

5. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

hrm how long hav e you had your tank set up for? it's quite odd, what are you feeding your fish? it's very important that fish get a wide variety of diet.. only thing i could really think of is that you're not feeding a good diet of food.. if all water parameters are stable, you want to be feeding some brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, seaweed flakes, some squashed up squid and maybe some omega flakes.. that will boost their immune system and prevent them from getting diseases etc, gl, sorry to hear about the losses

6. sckeLL

sckeLL Astrea Snail

As I said in my first post, the PH was at 7.0 at one stage. I noticed the fish looking a bit odd and connected the air pipe to a power head and it jumped up to 7.6. I assume the tank was starving for oxygen which was lowering the PH, and adding air/raising the PH so quickly stressed out the fish.

I feed frozen food: mysis shrimp and "whole fish" the fish are 1-2 inches long and look sorta like mollies/white bait.

I really hope the tusk fish does survive, but I don't like it's chances. It makes me sick looking at it now, I hate to think how it must feel. It's covered in some kind of mucus stuff:
    [​IMG]

7. sckeLL

sckeLL Astrea Snail

All fish are dead now :(

8. Click Here!

9. franka12404

franka12404 Astrea Snail

I am so sorry for your loss please let us know if you figure out what it was so this does not happen to us/me.....

10. sckeLL

sckeLL Astrea Snail

Unfortunately I'll probably never know, unless it's the PH screw-up I already mentioned in this thread.

11. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

r u going to try agian?

12. sckeLL

sckeLL Astrea Snail

Yeah, I'm going to get a skimmer first though and watch water parameters more carefully for a month before I start, so not for a while.
    The hermit crabs are enjoying their free reign for the mean time.

1 person likes this.