small RO/DI system???

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by billybaldwin3, Jun 30, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billybaldwin3

billybaldwin3 Skunk Shrimp

Ok. I get it a little better now! :) thanks!

I have a bathroom that i rarely use, so I'll probably set it up in there.

2. Click Here!

3. Pete polyp

Pete polyp Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I see what you're saying. If you use a 150gpd it will eat di resin like its going out of style.

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The 150 GPD membrane has not tested out well for some reason compared to the 25 GPD thru 75 GPD versions. There are two 100 GPD Dow Filmtecs, one is not good for reef use since it only has 90% rejection but the new HR version is more comparable to the 25-75 membranes at 96-98% rejection rate. If you buy a membrane make sure it is not the old Dow Filmtec TW30-1812-100 series but the newer more efficient TW30-1812-100HR series. it will cost a few $$ more initially but resin will last many times longer so money well spent. My personal choice though are the specially treated and hand tested guaranteed 99% 90GPD membranes from Spectrapure for around $53-$55. That extra couple % rejection make the DI last twice as long or longer than the 96-98% versions so again pays for itself quickly.

Billme likes this.
  5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

JUst wanted to chime in here,

I totally agree with AZD, he know what he's talking about.

For me, Before I knew about
    Spectrapure, I bought an E-Bay brand that came with everything.
    We use and drink mostly RO water in my househld.
    It came with a tap for the sink and a tank that's under my sink so you always have drinking water.
    I 't'd that off to my icemaker as well.
    Then, it also has a seperate side that goes from the RO, then through the DI resin for all my DT water needs.
    I run a 1/4" line thru the ceiling in my basement to the 'sump area'. There, it's on a float valve for my ATO resevoir, and a 't'd off line for other things, cleaning stuff, etc.
    It comes with the really simple pieces to hook up the intake and the waster water under the sink as well.
    Why would you want to tie up a faucet and have a line going to a bathtub for waste.
    It's really simple to hook these systems up once- then Feerrgggeettaabboutt it.