Site Revisions: New headers live

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. divott

divott Giant Squid

seems everytime i come back on , somethings changed. lol. and for the better. but your driving this old dog, with your new tricks a bit loco. :) but i will get better eventually. now if i could just get rid of this green elephant ill be ok. lol. keep up the good work matt. thnx for everything.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I think the nail is cool. I think you should keep it with whatever logo you go with. Keep up the great work.

1 person likes this.
  4. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

Looks good. I do like it much cleaner homepage. Things look like they are starting to "fit" together which is nice.

Its kinda awkward IMO with all navigation to the right.... why not the left matt?

Either way thngs are much improved from the new release.

BTW the search built into bar is sweeeeet. Good job.

5. DavidTurner

DavidTurner Feather Duster

The header looks a bit better and I look forward to the new logo!

I feel like some image framing or something is required for better separation. With that you could separate the logo from the banner and bring them closer to the navigation as well, just a thought.

Interesting idea on the Nav on left. It is more common place.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hey David - I was wondering it you would see this thread. :) Glad you think it looks better.

I will work on better framing as you put it when I get to the new logo. As for moving nav to the left - that will not happen for some tech reasons and to keep the site seamless with the homepage, but I do plan on moving some important links to the top of the page and I have a plan to bring the action panel higher after I finish some other stuff.

7. DavidTurner

DavidTurner Feather Duster

There we go. :)

Or you can go away from the side panel altogether. Hah. Looks more SEO related though for more natural incoming visitors which I understand.

1 person likes this.