sick lion fish cloudy eye

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by ilovereefing, Sep 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ilovereefing

ilovereefing Astrea Snail

last week I noticed my lion fish right eye was foggy so i kept an eye on it and changed the water right away and kept an eye on it.. two days passed it hasnt got better but there looks like a bubble in it. i feel so bad for the thing i dont know what to do! helpppp please? I i went to my LFS and they said just change the water, but i did that is there anything else i can do!?

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Have you checked your ammonia level?

cloudy eye is sometimes attributable to ammonia poisoning

Steve

4. ilovereefing

ilovereefing Astrea Snail

yeah all levels are in within normal limits

5. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I had that happen to my asphur angel a year ago and a fellow reefer here at 3reef told me to get a product that is reef safe and works well. It comes in liquid and powder but I opted for the liquid. It's made by Mardel and it's called Maracyn Plus. I bought an 8 ounce bottle and followed the directions to add one capful per 10 gal of water on days 1, 3 & 5. I didn't get to day 5 as the cloudy eye was clear again and all my fish and corals were fine through it all.;)

6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

if it is just on one eye, I would think it had scratched itself on a rock. I would try the treatment above

7. rogersjw

rogersjw Skunk Shrimp

My angel is currently sick with flukes but got a cloudy eye as a result. During treatment I used melafix which is supposed to help with fin rot, cloudy eyes, and general wounds. His eye cleared up in a few hours. I'm going to keep dosing for the next few days just to keep it in check. Hope this helps.