Sick Kole Tang, looks like skin is peeling off.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by atcaw94, Jul 30, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. atcaw94

atcaw94 Astrea Snail

So I have to QT inverts also? I thought brook only affected fish. What sucks is it's a 90 gallon corner, so it's 36" tall, a real PITA to do anything in it. I think with brook I have to have an empty tank for 8 weeks.

Ballgame likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

no you dont need to QT inverts. I did becasue I was also upgrading from a 60 to a 90. Only QT fish. Sorry I should have been clear
    BUT I was using the same water in the new 90 so I still had to fallow. Awful process to wiat that long. This is all recent about 3 months ago.
    People here really helped me

4. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

no you dont need to QT inverts. I did because I was also upgrading from a 60 to a 90. Only QT fish. Sorry I should have been clear
    BUT I was using the same water in the new 90 so I still had to fallow. Awful process to wiat that long. This is all recent about 3 months ago.
    People here really helped me

5. FeedYourMachine

FeedYourMachine Feather Duster

While its unlikely that an invert would bring in a "fish only" disease ,it is certainly possible and has been documented that all sorts of diseases can in fact "hitch a ride" on inverts ..
    Coral and live rock as well,and even more likely because it can burrow down in and just hide out..
    If you were to get some inverts from a very infested tank of ich or brook or whatever ,you can bet the chances will be pretty high that there are some hanging out on those inverts too..
    If its wet ,QT it....
    Good read here
    http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-10/sp/feature/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    Ballgame and Billme like this.
  6. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Ha! Best advice ever!!

7. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Good read. Thanks for posting that FYM.

FeedYourMachine likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. TravisVT

TravisVT Fire Worm

Brook is awful. I also just lost an entire tank to it with the exception of three green chromis. Strange how chromis seem to be immune to it. If only our expensive fish were immune....

10. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

11. atcaw94

atcaw94 Astrea Snail

Set up a 20 QT tank, I think the only survivors will be a green chromi and the wrasse. I have a canister filter now, is that o.k., or should I just put one of the cheap hang on back filters so I can change out the pads? I think if I could have got the medication soon enough I could have save the yellow tang and baby clown. Meds probably won't be here till tomorrow. Of all the things I get with Amazon Prime two day shipping, this wasn't one of them.