Sick Kole Tang, looks like skin is peeling off.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by atcaw94, Jul 30, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. atcaw94

atcaw94 Astrea Snail

Just checked on the tank. Chromi, baby clown and wrasse all seem normal. Yellow tang's eye's seem cloudy, may just be my imagination. This really sucks, I had the kole tang for 3-4 years, and the yellow tang was one of the first fish I ever had, probably 5-6 years. Also lost a large Singapore Angel, and a psydochromi I've had for years. So counting the two I just bought, five fish in three days. Not looking good.....

2. Click Here!

3. FeedYourMachine

FeedYourMachine Feather Duster

More than likely no ..Once brook is in your system its looking to strike fast!
    Its a form of ich,but much more potent

Ballgame likes this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I'm not sure if it can be stressed induced but I just went through a brooklynella battle and I lost some nice fish. I got it from a new addition. Good look, hope your tang pulls through. Ironically my clownfish never got it and I was fortunate to save my large sohal tang.

5. atcaw94

atcaw94 Astrea Snail

Contacted the LFS, he has offered to replace my lost fish.
    Thought that was really decent of him.

DSC reef, FeedYourMachine and Billme like this.
  6. FeedYourMachine

FeedYourMachine Feather Duster

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

That's awesome. It's rare that LFS would do that.

8. Click Here!

9. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

None of my LFS would do that

10. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Did you QT and still get it?

I'll say this is by fat the worst part of the hobby. Brook or Ich. Ruins everything and takes a couple months to fix. Months!!

11. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Yeah not much you can do.
    I will say if it's true Brook is sorta like ich then you'll have to remove fish.

Here is why you have to remove fish for ich. Fish get white spots on their body. That's ich. After a couple days it falls off and lands on sand. At this stage it reproduces and gets into water looking for a host. It's everywhere. Finds a fish and latches on. Life cycle repeats. The only way to get rid of ich is to remove fish so that the stage it's free flowing in water it can't find a host and dies. That's called letting your tank fallow. It takes 4-6 weeks for ich to die without finding a host. It sucks!!
    If brook is similar in it's life cycle you'll have to take all your rock out and somehow catch them. Again it sucks. I put my fish in 30g for QT and put all my inverts in a 10g so DT could fallow.
    Brutal process

12. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Good luck man. The Tang died right? This is the worst. Just try to get them to eat and if possible get in QT. Diet is key right now to fight off infection.