Sick fish?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Anya, Jul 4, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

so sorry to hear this Anya!! I'm afraid I can't be of much assistance. When my fish got velvet that I'm pretty sure is what it was, they all got pretty much wiped out within a 48 hour time span. I had one fish pull through. I hope others can chime in with some advice!

2. Click Here!

3. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

I'm afraid i can't give much advice, i started having problems in the reef hobby, by having trouble with Brooklynella. Haven't had any velvet yet, and hopefully i'll never experience it. What i can say though, is that when you see the spots on the fish, its sadly *ALMOST* to late to cure the fish. I lost 8 fish by diseases in the start of this hobby, and it sucked. What i do reccommend, is that you keep your tank fish-free for a little over a month if all of the fish wont survive the cut. Then you can add some reef safe medicine, to make sure that it will kill the parasite spores. Anyway, good luck, i hope the last of your fish will survive! Maybe some disease/parasite experts can catch up on this thread, and give you some advice. Try to use medication, and see how it goes. Try to keep them healthy by having good water parameters. Thats the only advice i can give you. Good luck! :(

4. Anya

Anya Bristle Worm

thank you both. I've decided to keep the fish where he is, since another move might do more harm than good.