Sick Fish? Advice Please!?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by veng, Aug 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. veng

veng Plankton

Hi-
    I have a 29 gallon tank with 5 rosey finned tetras, 5 zebra danios, three small algae eaters and a honey sunset gourami.

The last few days the gourami hasnt been looking very well. He started losing his orange color and turning white. He's also really bloated looking, and I havent seen him eat in a few days. I'm really worried. Does anyone know what might be troubling him??

We've had him for a long time, and so I dont think he has the gourami illness that is being said to be going around in the pet stores. I'm wondering if he's being stressed out by the movement of the zebra danios. They are the most recent addition to the tank (3 weeks ago), and they are a lot faster moving than the ones in it before.
    Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

2. Click Here!

3. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

When you say you have had it a long time how long is that? Bloat can be many things. If your danios are healthy, they could have brought a parasite but the gourami is older and cant fight them off. It could be a swim bladder problem. Old age. It doesn't sound good no matter what it is though! You can try medications like parasite control or some antibiotics but it may not help. Good luck!