Sick clown,need disease/treatment ID

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Nismo400rgtr, Jul 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Been a while since I've posted due to some other summer activities. Anyway, I noticed one of my Ocellaris clowns was playing hide and seek a few days ago. Not to be seen at all except for when feeding, which is a definite plus. However I noticed it has general discoloration and loss of the black pigmentation that usually is found in the fin tips and edges the white vertical bars. The pigment loss seems blotchy and I notice the gills are pumping hard. I don't have a QT tank so it isn't an option, but my other inhabitants are currently not affected (another Ocellaris, velvet damsel, Catalina goby, royal gramma). The attached photo is terrible, I know. I'll get a better one under DL's tomorrow. Any ideas??
    TIA
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311037458.378705.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Looks like Amyloodinium to me unfortunately.

And hey Nismo!!!! Stranger.

4. proreefer

proreefer Feather Star

i wish i had good news for you but, it doesn't look good, i have two fish in my years that looked alot like this fish, they both passed. there's just no explaining it, it's like ich on steroids he will stop eating and two day's maybe more or less, it's fish heaven, if its the same as mine had.:cry:

5. Nismo400rgtr

Hopefully she pulls through. I'll keep this updated.

6. Nismo400rgtr

Clown did indeed pass a few days later. :(