Show Your Planted Aquarium

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by FishHobby, Nov 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JustOneMore23

JustOneMore23 Astrea Snail

Nice 10g! Plants look really healthy. :)

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

[​IMG]

My plants arent growing very fast. Oh I forgot to order them. This is going to be my planted sea horse tank in the coming months. Sorry its the best I had.

4. OverThinker

OverThinker Skunk Shrimp

Does anyone know about using ceramic strawberrie potters in tanks? I saw someone with a pirhana tank that had a huge broken pot in it.

Also, I will be showing the progress of my 40g planted hexagon tank in the near future here.

5. Dirtdawg57

Dirtdawg57 Plankton

The tanks in this thread are amazing! I think I enjoy plants more than fish sometimes..:-/. This is my first planted tank that has been going for about 8 months now. I have a DIY CO2 injector but up until now my plants have struggled for survival because I have only had a 40w fluorescent light on a 55g aquarium. Most of the plants I tried to put in didn't even survive. The ones in these pictures have grown slowly and are not as green as I would like them to be. I just bought a 216w HO T5 light off of ebay so hopefully that will spark some life into them. Now that I have a better light I want to add many more types of plants.
    If I have any success at all it might be one of the cheapest established aquariums ever. I got the 55g aquarium like new, the stand and they standard light for $75 from the news paper. In fact, even after I get my T5 light, everything in this picture, filter heater and all, I put together for under $250. I think that pretty good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. amatta1989

amatta1989 Astrea Snail

My new tank

Attached Files:

7. inkidu

inkidu Plankton

If you want to see some of the best freshwater planted tanks I only need to mention my sensei's name Takashi Amano

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

While Amano's tank are some of the most impressive in world, this is a show your tank thread. Please show your tank.

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Here is mine

Attached Files:

11. Plantman

Plantman Plankton

Hey guys I'm new here. I have a picture of my first planted tank. it's a 29gal standard tank. I used the 2L coke bottle Co2 method with pretty good success.

[​IMG]

12. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Wow. Looking great everyone. My planted tank was my first tank ever. I think it would be doing alot better if I had Co2 running and better lights, but I am still happy with its looks. These pictures are from 2 months ago so it has filled out a decent amount since.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel like its not up to par with pretty much all of these other tanks, but considering I have only been in the fresh or salt water hobby for not even two years yet I think I have made lots of progress and am proud of it.