Show Your Planted Aquarium

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by FishHobby, Nov 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

What a cool little plant tank. Is that a DIY co2 injector? Thanks for the info on the plants.

2. Click Here!

3. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

yeah the diy co2 is actually made from a biocube protien skimmer, and some compression fittings. i used a taps and dies set to tap the holes in both the acrylic and plastic bottle caps to make sure the fitting were air tight. Then i used a compression fitting with a gasket over one end of the biocube skimmer to fit the powerhead in. So that enabled me to make a forced in-tank reactor.

4. bhoeschcod

bhoeschcod Plankton

5. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I just got this one going so we'll see how it turns out. Its my first one.
    [​IMG]

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That drift wood is a score!

1 person likes this.
  7. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

8. Click Here!

9. AquaticZen

AquaticZen Astrea Snail

Here's my roommate's 80gal planted. This tank has been going for almost 3 years now and the pic doesn't really do it justice, it's beautiful. I used to have a 55 gal planted but the bottom broke out of it all of a sudden one day. I have no idea what caused it. A lot of the plants and animals that were in that tank made their way into this tank and are doing great. The rest found a home in my 65 gal planted tank I keep at my girlfriend's apartment.

[​IMG]

10. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

just a heads up that ribbon plant(bamboo looking plant) isn't a true aquatic plant, it is a swamp plant that goes through periods of extreme rain. it will live for a time but i don't think it will survive submerged in the long run.

i want to set up a planted tank with glofish swimming through the plants, when my tank gets more developed ill try to get some pics but right now theres only 3 amazon swords left in it after i had to redo the whole thing because of blackbeard algae, damn singapore plant sellers.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    there not painted there genetically engineered, how cool is that!

11. Catfish Charlie

Catfish Charlie Astrea Snail

3 week old 45

This is my 3 week old 45, it has an eheim 2215, substrate heater, two 96 watt PC and on T5, using a bio reactor co2 injection "system" , there are ten amano shrimp, 4 cherry shrimp, 3 paleatus, 7 siamensis, 6 otocinclus, 8 cardnials, 8 rummynose, 5 lemon tetras, 7 black phantoms, and 5 emporor tetras. My partner threw in some guppies but they have since been moved to their own tank.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That is a great tank. Can you elaborate on your Co2 system?