Show Us Your Refuge!!!!

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by 55gfowlr, Sep 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Thanks, 55. It's a lot more empty now, my boyfriend sold almost all of what was remaining on the left there on Sunday. Plus I pulled 99% of the caulerpa again, which I do every few weeks.

2. Click Here!

3. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Ya that fuge looks more like a show tank for a seahorse or seadragon. Really want to model my next fuge off of that one Sushi

Here's mine about 2 weeks in, evreythings finally starting to settle down and flow. Soooo many pods just moving around the glass and on rocks and sea shells. Very happy so far. The only thing is I do not have a divider between my pump and the rest of the tank so if I ever add hermits I'm sure they will crawl and get stuck. So this is something I need to add

[​IMG]

4. Inertiatic

Inertiatic Bubble Tip Anemone

Here's mine. It's a HOB, so it was hard to snap a picture. That chaeto was the size of my fist a month ago, so crazy.

Attached Files:

5. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

Sushi Girl...More pics and details about that fuge, PLEASE! That is amazing.

6. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Well, don't have very many details, it's just a fuge that we bought used. 3 or 4 inches of sand, all my extra rock I didn't have room for, feather caulerpa that hitchhiked in on some chaeto, chaeto, and dragon's breath. Have a tiger tail cucumber down there, a bunch of stomatellas, a ton of white micro brittle stars & pods, and some mini stars. In November we put an LED light down there to replace the spiral bulb we were using, and that's when the dragon's breath took off. Mag 9 return pump on the left, external Octopus skimmer on the right (no idea what kind, also used). It's 20-something gallons and acrylic (which is getting really scratched up).

November 19, 2011, the day we got the LEDs
    [​IMG]

January 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

January 28, 2012
    [​IMG]

We're considering a display fuge for the 140 that we can look at all the time. We're having Melev (Melev's Reef) build a custom one for us since he lives nearby.

7. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

+1 yea that fuge looks really amazing. I wish my LFS sold Dragons Breath it's such a beautiful macro-algae. Do you remember what type of LED you used? It may have had an increase in kelvins or something that gave the DragonsBreath the boost it needed cuz it seems to have grown incredibly in the course of two months!

8. Click Here!

9. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I have no idea, apparently the guy made fuge LED lights for a month, then stopped LOL. The light we had on before was just a regular spiral bulb, so the LED's give off way more light. I'm sure if we had it up top under the T5s it'd grow well, too. Need to move some up there since none of our fish are algae eaters. We put it in the fuge because when we first got the 2 leaves we started with, all the snails and crabs were trying to eat it.

10. hingedthinker

hingedthinker Fire Worm

here is a drawing of my fuge plan. I have the parts to put it together, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

[​IMG]

11. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

I have 2, one under the 55 gallon and 1 H.O.B on the 29 gallon

Attached Files:

12. flyguy91318

flyguy91318 Astrea Snail

45gal long for fudge and 55gal just for sump, skimmer, and heater
    [​IMG]