Show Us Your Refuge!!!!

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by 55gfowlr, Sep 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dewmaster07

dewmaster07 Astrea Snail

Nvm. Ill use a dremal

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I used a table saw and it was a pain so I'd say avoid that lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I attempted to use some tubes of foam, split down the middle, and rested on the top wall. I found that as they fill and collect with rubbish, the water level in my fuge would rise, forcing the fill chamber to become offset, so it would mess up the SG when I'd try and fill it back up when I didn't really have to. I wouldn't recommend this, I just let the water overflow now, but I'm soon going to cut the teeth to catch the macro bits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

So, Is that all the refugium pics that are out there? From the many different discussions that I see, I figured there'd be a lot more.8)

6. gamertag

gamertag Astrea Snail

Well... Here it is kinda. It's a eshopps rs-200 that I picked up. Plumbing is not complete yet, I hope to be done and have water in the tank sometime next week. I have to finish off the feed to it and move the shut off valve. The plan is to allow for unfiltered DT water into the fuge. Does it make sense to silicone in that box in the back corner? It's in there pretty tight as is up against the baffle.

[​IMG]

7. dewmaster07

dewmaster07 Astrea Snail

My refugium after 8 days

I need to increase the waterflow and hopefully the red cyanobacteria will disappear

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I wouldn't worry to much as long as it stays in your fuge. I personally font care what grows in my fuge as long as it stays in there. Having a variety of nutrient export ensures everything possible gets absorbed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

10. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Just an update on how the Fuge has come along.......4 months in the making. I should have waited to take the pic, but I just pulled out half the macro and then told myself "I should document this you moron!!!" But still........

Start (9-8-11)
    [​IMG]

Now (1-8-12)
    [​IMG]

11. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Looking good! I just started my own fuge 4 days ago! I'm having issues of my own with cloudiness from the DSB everytime I put my hands in there to move something!! I hope this goes away after some time.

Also trying to work out tempature issues while running just my heater, seeing what that keeps my water temp at, and now with the fuge running and lights turned on, i need to keep my eye on the tempature.

What is the minimal length of time to keep chaeto happy?

Another thing, I do not have dividers, my pump sits in a plastic container w/o the lid. Hope this doesn't lead to eventual problems down the road!

before sand
    [​IMG]

after sand
    [​IMG]

day 2
    [​IMG]

12. gsxr1000rider

gsxr1000rider Fire Shrimp