Show Us Your Refuge!!!!

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by 55gfowlr, Sep 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I know, I know...I thought my test kit was bad. I actually broke down and tested my rodi water.....lol It's all good though. Nitrate wont hurt so long as the Rites and Ammo are broken down. But it isn't a pattern I want to keep going. It'll take longer than the 1 week I've had it up and running to collect and clean everything out of my tank.

2. Click Here!

3. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Update..

My nitrates are moving down finally after about a month. They've been stuck at 40-80 and didn't want to move, but just tested them last night and it's down to 20. I'm very happy the fuge has made a change.

4. dpruitt7450

dpruitt7450 Bubble Tip Anemone

My custom Hob filter is done!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Very interesting, how does the water flow work with that design, it's hard for me to tell from the pics. I'm impressed though that you built your own model, nice work. I tossed the idea around for a long time before cost forecasts and little to no help from local builders finally beat me down. I finally settled with the 20 you see in the photos. Happy, but I would have liked to see my HOB idea come to life like yours. Good work

6. dpruitt7450

dpruitt7450 Bubble Tip Anemone

I have a pump that looks like an air pump but it has a suction side and a discharge and it's pulling water from my hob filter that it's sitting on and putting it in the fuge by the power head that turns the calerp. :)
    [​IMG]

7. dewmaster07

dewmaster07 Astrea Snail

8. Click Here!

9. dewmaster07

dewmaster07 Astrea Snail

New skematic for my sump/refugium. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

10. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I think you could do away with the divider all the way on the right and just do under over. would make cleaning easier

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

11. dewmaster07

dewmaster07 Astrea Snail

I had the extra baffle as a bubble trap. Do you think I would have issues w bubbles if I removed the first baffle?

12. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

That is just a fuge correct? If it is you don't really need a trap at all just one divider between the fuge and return...put teeth on the divider.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk