Should you move your aquarium to a different room?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 9, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Should you move your aquarium to a different room?

1. Yes.

20.0%
  2. No.

80.0%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You've probably heard me whine about this one... my aquarium was behind me while I sat at the computer. I hated it. I never noticed it really. FINALLY I moved the thing this weekend next to the arm of my couch in the leaving room. It's THE BEST! I can see it easily.. and check the sump without getting off the couch!

I also changed out my sand to some better stuff and got rid of a bunch of in and out of my tank. It looks sooo much better. 8)

So now I've got tanks at both ends of my couch (the other is my turtle tank). I feel like Dr. No from James Bond. ;D :tongue4:

Have you been putting off moving your aquarium?

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

No for me. Right now we only have a 20gal setup in the kitchen. Even if i wanted to move it we dont have the space in any other room so... As soon as we move im getting my 120gal out of storage (its in my parents basement... thanks mom) and setting it up.

Marc.

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

well i choose no because it is in my room and very viewable...the only thing i would do is move it away from the wall so i can see the right side

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

What an ugle job Matt. I hate moving aquariums but I voted yes because it has to be done. Great time for improvments and like you did sand and other changes.

6. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

AAAK! No, I finally got the 300 up and running right where I want it. Plus I'd have to recarpet, fix the holes in the floor and run new plumbing down to the basement. The 72 is in a happy place next to the couch in the den, so it is good although the salt creep from the slow leak has got me thinking about a replacement. I will use the same spot. I need to double check, but I might be able to squeeze a 125 in the same spot. I know I'm good for a 90. I might even consider plumbing it into the same sump as the 300. Finally the 210 in the office is on the only wall that isn't occupied.

7. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

I love mine right where it is...next to my bed. It's in an awesome spot for viewing either day or night....:)

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Nah, I'm just gonna set-up another one. Like yours used to be Matt, mine face my back when I'm on the computer. But when I'm in bed, they face me :D

I just orderred my prop tank finally, after what, a year saying I was going to set it up :D 5' long x 4' wide x 16" deep. Should be down by the end of the month. Now if only my Tunze Streams could be here in time :D