Should I purchase a tank with lots of aiptasia

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by leigh, Nov 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

for a 75 with that much work i might let it go unless it had some really high end equipment like a good skimmer and good lights

2. Click Here!

3. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

agreed...whats coming with it?

4. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Here is what Id do then. Buy the setup (still 450 is a bit much). Sell all the fish (locally or to the fish store). Fry all the rocks at the same time. Toss the sand. Clean everything REALLY good. Start from scratch.

5. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

I emailed the guy saying that the highest i could do is 350 and if he wont be able to sell for that then i would have to walk considering that he has a massive outbreak of aiptasia and it just wouldnt be worth the work to get rid of it and try to keep the fish alive.

When i first asked him about the aiptasia he said that he let it grow out because it was a fowlr setup and he thought it looked pretty (didnt know it was a pest) ..... sadface.mpeg

6. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Forgot to ask, is the 450 US$?

It all depends on the light and other equipments. What do you like about this set up? Do you wanna keep all the fish? (I see a yellow tang, a clown and a chromis, what else?)

7. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

not sure what type of light it is, basicly I just wanted it because it came with fish and over 60 lbs of live rock and a sump and everything seemed like a good deal but with all this hassle I am reconsidering now

8. Click Here!

9. lmr2o

lmr2o Millepora

i would reconsider. thats a bit pricey for all the work you'll have to put in it. Surf craigslist a bit longer something might come up with an awesome light or skimmer included. I know what it feels like to get your heart set on something, but there will be better deals :)

10. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

Yeah I think thats what i will do , thanks for all the advice guys I really appreciate it 3reef is really an awesome community

11. MajesticCoral

MajesticCoral Fire Worm

If its a good price and is what you been wanting I would get it,just put some peppermint shrimp or scrub tank good and toss the LR

12. scadsobees

scadsobees Fire Shrimp

That would feed a couple of berghia's for quite some time :) , might be interesting!