Should I get a 180g or 210g reef tank?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by marlinman, Apr 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

I like the new fish. Are you taking the pictures with just the actinics on or the entire lights? I still love the blue color!

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I love Sohal's. Is yours playing nice? If so, that is good, but watch out if you add another tang, those sohals are aggro toward tangs, especially other acanthurus.

4. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

So far so good with the Sohal Tang.

My lighting is all T5's with a full spectrum of bulbs. I will gladly break it all down for you with all the different bulbs I use if you would like. The pictures I took may or may not give the tank justice as the tank is still a little cloudy from the move. I'll take more pics after the tank clears up.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  5. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Tank is cleared up

Here are photos of the tank as the water has cleared up better. First picture is with a flash so you can see the stand and canopy. Notice the arrangement of the rocks so as to allow for future growth.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

That's really nice looking!

8. Click Here!

9. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Aquascaping looks awesome!

10. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Up to date pictures

It's been a few months since I've been on this thread so here are some updated pictures I took today. I've only added a few corals: 2 beautiful orange sea fans one for each side of the tank and one large white piece of some kind of hammer. The hammer is in the center of the fourth picture. I also had the huge leather coral propagate and I took it and put it on the other side of the lagoon. I bought an orange sponge that moves at night. I have no idea how or who is moving it but it's wierd as he was laying down when I put him in and a week later he was up on his side and today he moves a little again. I think it's either the snails, hermits or the sohal tang. If anybody is familiar with this occurance please post it for me. You can see the baby leather in front of my lonely duncan and the sponge is back in on the right in the last picture.:cheesy:

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I really like the look of your DT. Looks nice.

12. MOTLEY MICK

MOTLEY MICK Plankton

Lookin good. I like the attention to detail that you put into it. It really pays off in the end and I'm sure the fishes like living in there too.