Should I frag this frag?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by T-BASS, May 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. T-BASS

T-BASS Astrea Snail

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I recieced this frag about a week ago. It lost some tissue right away and now seems to have stabalized. Thinking maybe I should cut the frag up above where it has turned white. Just wondering what I should do,cut it or leave it. Polyps are out on the colored parts. Sorry about pic quality{the camera and photographer suck}:p

2. Click Here!

3. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

I would leave it, but watch the bleached area, if it continues then you might want to frag it in an attempt to salvage the rest.

1 person likes this.
  4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I agree with Telgar. It's been through enough already and need to fully recover. I would only frag it in a last ditch situation.

1 person likes this.
  5. T-BASS

T-BASS Astrea Snail

Frag is still hangin'. Hasn't lost or gained anymore tissue yet. Polyps are still out:-/

6. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Leave it for now. Keep a close eye on it. If you see more tissue loss, then frag. If you feel like fragging it later, wait until you can see growth.

1 person likes this.
  7. T-BASS

T-BASS Astrea Snail

O.K. thanks for the advice..

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That frag is starting to look pretty good. Mine that STN'd still has flesh left and it keeping it's color and might be growing. It has about 1% of the flesh left.

1 person likes this.
  10. T-BASS

T-BASS Astrea Snail

Yeah glad to hear that. Mine is in full recovery I think, color is starting to slowly come back. The other frag I put a pic of up is a gonner:cry:. I think I'll quit purchasing shipped acros. My success rate is to low. I'll just have to take long road trips once and a while.

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Where did you get the frag shipped from? Maybe it's an issue with the suppliers, rather than the shipping aspect.

12. T-BASS

T-BASS Astrea Snail

Reef Empire, I recieved ten frags and only lost one so far. I also ordered one from F/S and it is barely clinging to life. Good success with everything except acros...:confused: