Should I dip it?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by JJL, May 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

So I have this small frag of blue zoos with green skirts and they just do not seem very happy. One or two of the polyps are closed and I was wondering if I should go ahead and dip them with Revive. Would it be worth it, or would it just stress them more?
    Thanks
    JJL

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I say when in doubt, dip it!

4. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Ok I will
    Can it bring any more harm to the coral though
    Thanks
    JJL

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I don't believe so, but then again I don't know if the dip hurt the corals that died after I dipped them. It seems like they have higher chances after dipping than without in my experience though.

6. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Ok
    I will see how it looks tomorrow morning and if it does not look improved I will dip it
    Thanks
    JJL

7. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I recommend the coral rx dip I have never put a coral in my tank with out a dip I dipped the live rock I seeded my tank with. On my zoas I had 4-5-6-7 spider things and flat worms and bristle worms come out of the rock dead. I always dip if it is happy I dip once befor it inters tank sad I dip before in tank and the two weeks after once a day never lost a coral ever and I don't have hitch hikers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. Anthony.luciano

Anthony.luciano Plankton

I had fragged zoas a while back and I've been trying to get lugols solution and yesterday I got it so all of the frags that were always closed I dipped in a mixture of 30 drops of bright well aquatics lugols solution per 1 gallon for 10 minutes and I'm amazed with the results I went downstairs this morning and every single polyp is open on all of the frags.

10. PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers Plankton

For zoa's I also sometimes dip in RO water for a 1-2 minutes or hydrogen peroxide also works if algae or other is causing the problem! Watch out for any pests that might show up during the dips, it could be a factor unless the problem is only with this zoa in particular

I would recommend placing it in a place of high flow! If you do not see any improvements proceed with the dip (whichever you choose.. I do different one each day) and replace in high flow see if that works!