So my water is tinted black coming from my well at my house. I am reading a few things online to see if i can figure out a solution rather than paying someone a lot of money to do something I may be able to do myself. It seems like the first thing that is usually done is Shock disinfecting the well with chlorine. If anyone has any different suggestions I will definitely take them. If not I may try to do this myself but I am not quite understanding the procedure. My well looks very much like this So do i understand correctly that I would introduce a chlorine solution into this pipe? Is there a way to find out how deep it is so i can accurately calculate the amount of bleach to mix? If I am correct so far, I would run a hose into this after introducing the chlorine to circulate the water? Wells are new to me, I have always been on city water so I am hoping this is something i can do to save myself a service call. Thank you in advance!