Sharks + Inline Fish Fuge

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Griseum, Jul 11, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Griseum

Griseum Astrea Snail

Hello again!
    Almost two years ago, late 2012, I posted my Shark Breeding Lagoon on this sub-forum. Now I would like to show how the system has matured and grown. The system includes a 12 ft by 12 ft Shark pond. The adjacent room houses another 500+gallons of inline 'natural filtration' methods that I enjoy immensely. The first video features more of the reef fish like Angels and Tangs, that are growing out in the MacroAlgae tanks, with LR, naturally grown sponges and squirts, and an abundance of reproducing snails, marine feeder shrimps as well as mysids and other micro inverts.
    Please enjoy, in HD! The next video will focus on the Shark broodstock and the growth since the first thread almost two years ago!

Fish, sharks, macro & mangroves :

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I always enjoy your videos. You take the hobby to a whole different level.

Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

4. Griseum

Griseum Astrea Snail

Wow! Thank you!

5. FeedYourMachine

FeedYourMachine Feather Duster

This is one awesome set up!
    I love the sharks,but also the maculosus angelfish and Hawaiian trigger..
    The natural filtration system is great!

Corailline likes this.
  6. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

are your sharks laying eggs? what do you feed them?

Griseum likes this.
  7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

That's amazing. I miss my shark

Griseum likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Griseum

Griseum Astrea Snail

Yes the Sharks began to lay eggs earlier in the year, specifically the Grey Bamboos I've raised from very small sizes, myself. You will see the rest of the crew and the growth of the Greys in the next video I put up! The egg laying stopped when I had a major temp swing over the course of several days in mid Spring, and then furthermore, when I Prazi treated the entire ~2000 gals, after a fluke problem...
    Now that these issues settled (fingers crossed) I feed mixed seafood from the fish market or fish department in a local grocer, and about a pound and a half now every 36-ish hours, to inspire more breeding activity. I normally might feed less frequently with these Adult sharks now, ranging 24"-32" depending upon species.

I also feed the fish most exclusively New Life Spectrum, and I have been for the past 3 years. I have never had fatter, healthier fish! I QT all fish purchases and observe as well. The first goal I pursue when acquiring a new fish is to get them eating NLS pellets right away. Rarely do I have a problem with this! Once that's done, I feed various frozen foods such as PE mysis, mega marine and mega marine angel, spirulina brine and some others at least once a day.
    Thanks again!