Shallow frag tank lighting question

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Wrasse Fan, Apr 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

yeah man that marineland led sucks ive seen it in action at the fish store and it look as if the store will be losing a lot of coral due to not knowing much about leds .it is not bright at all if ur gonna get that light u might be better off with 10w pcs

2. Click Here!

3. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

Honestly i say go with 3 boost led bulbs their even on sale right now ithink, I got a nanocustoms par38 and their driven alittle harder then the boost leds but honestly i was burning coral with how strong the bulb is i have it set almost at my ceiling right now and am acclimating slowly because my zoas were freaking out . Their pretty strong, i have some sps in the tank now and i get amazing polyp extension and color. i am using a 20k, and i love the color, anyway i have never used a boost led bulb but i still recommend the (cree) led bulbs wether it be boost or ecoexotic i'm high impressed with how strong they are but be very very careful you could burn corals alot easier then i thought, i definatly underestimated them. I also recommend 60 degree optics if you go with 3 and 40 degree optics if you go with 4. :)