Unresolved Several unkown corals. Please help me ID them!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Magnus, Jul 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thanks!! I agree on the millipora! This one was so bleached, I didn't think it will recover but it is the one that got better faster than any other acros I have.

I googled "Marshall Island Acropora" and came up with this: http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/7947/product.web , but this doesn't look like mine... mine has small shelves like you see mushrooms building shelfs on and around a tree trunk. I'll try to capture this in more detail next time I take pics... probably around the 15th... that would be 1 week... although, at the rate they're recovering I should probably update pics every 1 month instead. Do you have a picture of the one you have/had by any chance?

Thanks for your help!

- Mag.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. cwar21

cwar21 Astrea Snail

i agreed about the xenia.. doesnt look like one to me.. i have one unless its a different kind because i have a pulsing one..

4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thanks!! It wasn't. I got it from somebody as a xenia tree, but it is in fact a colt coral. I googled images and if you find purple colt coral, it's a spot on match! :)

Just updated the text to say "Colt coral" instead of "xenia tree"

man.... I love this site. I learn a lot from here... if only I could retain it all! That would be nice :)

Help on unidentified corals is still appreciated!

- Mag