Senior moments abound....

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by oldfishkeeper, Nov 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Though this might be good for a laugh......this was a post I put up in Reef Central in response to a newcomer - he was a vet.

Welcome to the hobby ghstwolf and yes, thank you for your service. Watch out though, it can become rather obsessive once you start reading and getting things moving. It's complex, yet simple, expensive - well, that stays as is, expensive [​IMG] It's really such an interesting hobby. I have found this forum hands down the best around. Everyone here is so helpful and nonjudgmental which is so important when one has questions. Patient and helpful answers.

That said, I'm afraid to say I haven't read alout about LPS specifically. I just know that keeping water parameters very, very good is important and good lighting. You'll want to focus at first on cycling and being patient. I think that's been the hardest part for me because patience is not one of my virtues but it's critical in this hobby. Also, investing in your lighting and materials needed to get great water are next after patience. Once your tank is cycling, then start thinking about the types of reactors and things you'll need. I hope this helps and welcome to your journey.

If you haven't already done so, check out the videos in the zetlight contest. Those are all very interesting and listening to each person's tips and seeing what they keep was a great way to see what you're wanting for your tank and then plan from there.

Sorry to have rambled.
    End of post

Probably no one paid attention to the rambling but I'm sure if anyone noticed, they probably wondered what the heck the videos in the zetlight contest were LOL....this post was obviously meant for 3 reef....DOH!!!

2. Click Here!

3. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

Haha to funny. That's the way to confuse the guy/gal!!!