Seneye Reef Aquarium Monitor - Review

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Thatgrimguy, May 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I gave it away to someone for free. I found it of little real value, your mileage may vary.

2. Click Here!

3. Mudbeaver

Mudbeaver Coral Banded Shrimp

Great hopes

I hopes its a success, i really do. My primary concern here is parts replacement. When ever we see or hear of a monitoring device their's a catch! You have to buy buy buy replacement part every so and so months to keep it going, costing you a car at the end of the year. So if this thing works without "tire change" non stop i'm in for the $ 169 no problem. But IF i'm gona have to buy baby parts and unscrew this and soak this and screw that and aling those via a microscope and a pair of glasses sorry. lol i HOPE its works !!! LOL Have a nice eve. ;D

4. PepperDeath

PepperDeath Feather Duster

thanks for your reviews on this...i just saw this the the other day and was wondering how well it worked..probably not going to get this one lol

5. Mudbeaver

Got my answer

Ok well its slides pre-calibrated you change once a month for $ 10 a slide so $ 120 / year no testing needed and connected to your pc with a USB plug or on the wall. Later you can hook it up to your PC when ever you want to see the data. They send them 3 per pack for $29.95 for a 3 month supply. It comes with the first slide already in it. Sounds good to me.:)

6. Mudbeaver

Hi hope this thing take off we need stuff like that to make are llives easyer.

7. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Why not look into a full blown controller like the Apex or Reef Angel?

8. Click Here!

9. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

;d :-/

10. Mudbeaver

Because this is NOT a controller??? It take mesurements of your parameters, as far as i know controler controls.....light, flows, etc this takes your reading on ammonia ,Lux ,PH, temperature, your PAR , ....Unless Apex does that i'm not familiar. Checking Apex right now....

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  11. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

IMHO, once your tank is running for a bit, ammonia and PAR readings are not very useful. Cool features, although the OP gave away his Seneye in favor of the Apex. Btw, I have a Reef Angel, not an Apex.

12. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I didn't give it away in favor of an Apex. I always had an apex and always will. This in no way competes with a tank controller.

This is the issue. It's measuring things that really don't matter. And the light measurements are terribly inaccurate when compared to a real Par meter (I compared vs Apogee and found it to be about 30-40% higher)

Nitrite, ammonia, PH, who really cares. If anything this leads people to worrying about things that don't matter.